October 3rd 2006
No matter how far ahead I have moved on in life, I would still look back and wonder where I was a year ago. I do not believe in looking back in regret. Yes we can learn for our past mistakes but that's just about it. I would not think back and wish I had done something else. What's done is done. What has been said cannot be taken back. Sometimes events pass by me so fast I do not even realize it is over. Take for instance my high school life. I completed my third year end of year examinations and before I could even breathe and take a break, I had to prepare myself for a whole new environment which I was not even ready for. With my boarding ticket in hand, I left for a country that I knew absolutely nothing about. I came, unpacked and then I was thrown in for another rollercoaster ride with preparations for my fourth year in high school. Now, my high school life is behind me.
It has only been about a month since school has started but it already feels like a year. With the amount of assignments thrown at us, my social life takes the very back seat in this two year journey. I certainly do not remember the last time I actually sat down at my study table every single day, other than during the examination period. We are always on our toes with almost test every week. Besides that, Diploma students are required to do CAS (creativity action service) which takes up almost eight hours a week. I hate it when I stay up and let a few hours of my precious sleep slip away just to complete an assignment and go to class the next day, only to find out that the teacher has changed his mind and now we can hand it in a week later than the earlier date. But today, I wasted my time on the internet, chatting away while my intention of going online was actually to read up on ' A Doll's House' and prepare for tomorrow's discussion.
I can no longer push the blame to my dad. With so many things to do I am having second thoughts about going ahead with our planned vaccation. I can't help it. I don't want to go and not be able to spend time with loved ones because I have a long to-do-list. I am going notebook hunting this winter after having spent months reading up on the latest notebooks. I refuse to buy it here simply because I do not feel comfortable and for the fact that I have not quite made up my mind yet. Mac or Windows? I have to spend time at the library to find sources for my extended essay. I have to drop by British Council to arrange for an examination to be held here. I have to volunteer to get my service hours. I so need to shop!
Sometimes when you try so hard to set things right, things don't exactly go the way you planned. We both know that.
It has only been about a month since school has started but it already feels like a year. With the amount of assignments thrown at us, my social life takes the very back seat in this two year journey. I certainly do not remember the last time I actually sat down at my study table every single day, other than during the examination period. We are always on our toes with almost test every week. Besides that, Diploma students are required to do CAS (creativity action service) which takes up almost eight hours a week. I hate it when I stay up and let a few hours of my precious sleep slip away just to complete an assignment and go to class the next day, only to find out that the teacher has changed his mind and now we can hand it in a week later than the earlier date. But today, I wasted my time on the internet, chatting away while my intention of going online was actually to read up on ' A Doll's House' and prepare for tomorrow's discussion.
I can no longer push the blame to my dad. With so many things to do I am having second thoughts about going ahead with our planned vaccation. I can't help it. I don't want to go and not be able to spend time with loved ones because I have a long to-do-list. I am going notebook hunting this winter after having spent months reading up on the latest notebooks. I refuse to buy it here simply because I do not feel comfortable and for the fact that I have not quite made up my mind yet. Mac or Windows? I have to spend time at the library to find sources for my extended essay. I have to drop by British Council to arrange for an examination to be held here. I have to volunteer to get my service hours. I so need to shop!
Sometimes when you try so hard to set things right, things don't exactly go the way you planned. We both know that.
<< Home